Book Review: Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking

Monday, August 17, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-


I read this series after a few days when I bought the whole trilogy in a sale. It was sold for only 250 php, or roughly 5 dollars. I immediately bought it because it was so cheap, my had is itching to buy a book and I fell in love with the covers.

To avoid some spoilers I will just paste down below the blurb of the first book, which is switched.
When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. It isn't until eleven years later that Wendy finds out her mother might've been telling the truth. With the help of Finn Holmes, Wendy finds herself in a world she never knew existed—and it's one she's not sure if she wants to be a part of.
To be honest I didn't expect this series to be something that will make me read it more and can't stop thinking about it. I was ready for a short trip in this world, more like a pit stop actually. But I was wrong. At first the book was a bit slow, has a lot of cliche/cheesy lines and I kinda predicted what happens next. I finished the first book in four days then I immediately started torn. I didn't remember much about the second book although I know that I liked it with all the little plot twists and more world building, although school works are a big barrier for me finishing this book. When I got to the last book I can't seem to put it down and I find myself reading as much as I can in times I am usually not reading, like commuting. I finished the book in 3 days, and again school works were dragging me down and slowing my progress in these books. I really like this series, but not enough to be my favorites, it gets better and better in each book!

Goodreads rating: 3.89
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Fiction
My rating: Switched 3/5 , Torn 4/5 , Ascend 4/5
Overall rating: 4/5